Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ibu in a Chinese Bowl

I posed my peke puppy in a Chinese bowl with a chinese jacket. The bowl and the jacket were purchased by me in Jakarta, Indonesia. The bowl, at the pottery market; the jacket was one of those deals I seem destined to repeat.

A friend says to you - I have this jacket which I find I have no real occasion to wear. I wore it to an Embassy function and never again. Would you like to have it?

Me - failing to read code and the gimlet eye of the friend - jump at it. Then friend says that will be $60 bucks.

Anyhoo, I still have the jacket and the bowl - alas, little Ibu rides the great sky dragon these many years now. She was a sweet soul. I painted this in pastel and a version in oil. The pastel version is soon to be listed on my ebay store auction site - when I can find a minute to list it. The piece will be a giclee print. I am still trying to figure all of this out.

No comments: