Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dogs - are they necessary


i suppose I would have to answer in the affirmative. Although on this very morning I was given the occasion to curse all things canine. Philosophically speaking, it may have been for the best. You see a piece of needlework i started 15 years previously turned up when I was rummaging around in bins and bags containing all of the false starts and bored with projects consigned to said bins and bags.

These projects usually precede some major art work I tackle. I suppose it is fear of failure in a painting that propels me to Michael's or Hobby Lobby where I imagine myself knitting some intricate shawl or embarking on crewel chair cushions. There i drop a hundred bucks on all the supplies necessary to complete some hand wrought masterpiece - knit two rows and drop a stitch (get thee to a bin) or embroider some daisy or two on a giant tablecloth (into the bin goes tablecloth) well you get the picture -- somebody said unfinished projects indicate a fear of death. hmmm and a fear of art.

Anyway, I have a couple of juvenile sealyham terriers - wonderful breeds but... drat out of space

No comments: